Monday, August 18, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Daley - assisting veldmanphoto

Friday night I had the chance to tag along with Abby & Todd of VeldmanPhoto as a second shooter. I've known Todd since elementary school as he was one of my older brothers good friends growing up. I briefly met Abby back in their dating days and have gotten to know her a little bit more as the years have gone on. A faithful follower of Abby's photography, I was excited when she allowed me to shadow her in a wedding back in July so I could get some more behind the scenes action. I was even more thrilled when she called and asked me to assist her for the Daley wedding since her main man, Todd was going on a last minute business trip. I was a little nervous since a Friday night wedding was going to make for a long weekend (I had to drive to Grand Rapids at 4am the next day to shoot another wedding!), but I'm so glad I went along. It is always beneficial to have more practice, plus Joe & Sarah were a treat to photograph - they were so natural in front of the camera. Thanks again, Abby for letting me join you!

Here are a just a few from my camera... You can see more of their pictures on Abby's blog.


No comments: