Monday, August 16, 2010

dan & heather {married!} - Holland, MI

For any of you couples that have planned a wedding from a distance, I totally feel for you. During my engagement period, I was commuting between both sides of the state every week, so sometimes it felt like I was planning the wedding from a distance. At least I was only a couple hours away so I could still schedule meetings and fittings with not too much problem. Dan & Heather, however, planned their entire Michigan wedding from California while he finished up his Masters degree and Heather worked. It takes a lot of trust in vendors and good recommendations from friends to pull together details and I'm so glad that Heather's bridesmaid recommended me to this wonderful couple!

Dan & Heather are both absolutely beautiful people inside and out. They are fun, intelligent, joyful individuals and I loved getting to know them and be a part of their first day of marriage. Their day was filled with family, friends, laughs and lots of love. It was a delight and honor to be welcomed into their celebration and capture this big day for them!

Dan & Heather chose to have a "first look" allowing us more time for lots of portraits before the ceremony! This is the perfect idea if you want to make sure you have plenty of time for photos, but don't want to keep your guests waiting at the reception!
The newlyweds and their bridal party left the ceremony by boat to go across the lake to the reception... so fun!
Dan's brother was counting how many years Dan has spent in undergrad & graduate school... next stop: his doctorate!

No comments: