Wednesday, July 21, 2010

rachel & jordan {married!}

It is so great when my clients become my friends, but it is even a greater joy when my friends become my clients and I am invited to capture their special moments. Jonathan and I have known Rachel for most of our lives, so being a part of her engagement and wedding day was truly special for us.

The love her and Jordan share together is beautiful. They started as the best of friends at Wheaton College where they met. Finally, they fell for each other and turned their friendship into a dating relationship. In four weeks, they will move to Guatemala to serve for at least a year, but this past weekend, they finally became united as husband and wife in a personal, intimate celebration surrounded by their closest family and friends....
Soon after I arrived at the hotel to meet the girls, Rachel opened a present from her soon-to-be husband. In the box was Rachel's own copy of Jordan's piano composition entitled, "Mi Primavera Eterna" (My Eternal Spring - a nickname for Guatemala where the weather is always spring-like)...


The ceremony was held in the chapel of Kuyper College in Grand Rapids, MI. ...And the song that Rachel walked down the aisle to with her dad? "Mi Primavera Eterna" played by Jordan's grandmother.
The reception was held in the Gerald R. Ford Ballroom in the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, MI

The bridal party dance was a soul train dance line... so fun! Oh, hey Chad & Angela!
Congratulations, Jordan & Rachel!

No comments: